KLANN Anlagentechnik provides core shooters for all conventional core manufacture processes, such as the cold and hot box, CO2 and Croning processes. The installations have proved themselves in a variety of applications over the past 10 years and can be supplied with shooting volumes of 1 – 60 litres.
Besides individual units we also offer complete systems from sand delivery, binder addition and mixing units to core management in fully automated core casting centres.
The KLANN core shooters are characterised by:
- Dependably high quality cores thanks to delivery of complete systems including sand delivery and transport
- Short cycle times through optimised construction and process planning, leading to great hourly output
- High availability with long maintenance intervals
- Small compact construction, allowing for minimal floor space
- Good accessibility for tool change and maintenance purposes
All listed core shooters can also be provided as core production centres with integrated sand preparation.
The following core shooters are available:
Core shooters with a belt discharge, so-called core belters, are among the most productive core shooters. They are mainly used in large-scale production in the fittings, valve and automobile industries. Through the fully automated release of the produced cores on a discharge belt, production can be automated to a large extent. It is no longer necessary for an operator to remove the cores from the machine table before restarting the machine. The machine continues to run with maximum productivity and untrained personnel can then take the cores. Due to the buffering of the cores on the belt, one person is able to operate several machines.
Besides purely hot box, cold box, Croning, Betaset or CO2 units combination machines are also available, which can be retooled to run another process.
- Core box exchange tools
- Mechanism for detaching the mandrel
- Lateral mechanism for detaching removable parts
- Tool for changing core bushings
- Automated clamp adjustment to various core box widths
- Automated deburring mechanism
- Base frame with cleaning trays
- Core collection robot for further processing or storage
Technical data for hot box core belters:
|Unit||P5- BA/HB||P8- BA/HB||P15- BA/HB|
|Volume of core sand feed bin||dm³||60||60||120|
|Shooting pressure, adjustable||bar||1 - 6||1 - 6||1 - 6|
|Compr. air consumption per cycle||dm³||25||32||50|
|Cycle time, without curring, shooting and aeration time||Sec.||5||7||10|
|Core box measurements|
|Width of belt discharge||mm||500||500||800|
The standard KLANN core shooters are characterised by short cycle times and great dependability, which allows for optimal productivity in core production.
Thanks to the compact design requiring small installation space it can be installed in constricted premises and without the need to recess the foundation.
The core shooters are available for horizontal or vertical core box division. Besides pure hot box, cold box, Croning, Betaset or CO2 units combination machines are also available, which can be set to another process after a tool change.
The standard Klann core shooters can be delivered with the following additional equipment:
- Core removal apparatus
- Front and rear mechanism for detaching removable parts
- Height adjustable clamping and separating device
- Hydraulic shooting head clamp
- Top box core ejection system
- Fold away front machine slider support for direct removal of cores from the core box
- Core handling robot for further processing or storage
Technical data for the standard Klann core shooters:
|Unit||P5/ CB/CO2||P10/ CB/CO2||P12/ CB/CO2||P15/ CB/CO2||P25/ CB/CO2||P40/ CB/CO2|
|Feed bin volume||dm³||60||60||60||200||200||250|
|Shooting pressure, variable||bar||1 - 6||1 - 6||1 - 6||1 - 6||1 - 6||1 - 6|
|Compressed air consumption per cycle||dm³||20||20||20||50||50||80|
|Average cycle time without curring, shooting and aeration time||Sec.||12||12||12||15||16||20|
KLANN provides specialised core shooters to client specifications. This includes hot box core shooters for horizontally divided core boxes with collection tray for example, which are characterised by particularly high productivity paired with minimal core box wear. Other examples of specialised machines are rotary transfer machines and core shooters with automated core mounting.